Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Beware of Fake Florists!!!

I met an irate young man on Monday when he walked in the front door of the flower shop asking for the arrangement he was supposed to pick up.  He said the arrangement was supposed to have been delivered on Saturday and he was promised it would be ready for him to pick up in twenty minutes when he talked to the person he had placed the order with.  I was completely confused, since I had not received an order on Saturday for anyone-it was so horribly slow on Saturday, we had closed at noon instead of three p.m..  Nor had I spoken to anyone concerning an order to be picked up on Monday.  I told the man I had no idea what he was talking about and began to quiz him and try to get to the bottom of this conflict.

The real story was that he had placed an order on Saturday, either on line or by phone, with From You Flowers.  He had paid an extra twenty dollars to get"Speedy Delivery", but the flowers were never delivered to his friend.  He had complained on Monday and was assured that he could go to the florist and pick up the arrangement so he could deliver it himself within twenty minutes.  And that is what brought him to me by mistake.  I don't know what flower shop he was supposed to be in, but I was not the florist the order was placed with.

My whole reason for telling this tale is to once more tell anyone who will listen to me to NEVER use an on line flower order gatherer like From You Flowers or Just Flowers.  All you have to do is search on line for florists in the town you want flowers delivered in.  Then you must make sure that the florist has a physical address in that town or a nearby town.  If the "florist" does not have a physical address, they are people who have never set a foot in a flower shop, they don't know the difference between a rose or a carnation, and they could very well be in India or the Philippines.

Back to the real life story of the man from Michigan wandering around a small town in KY trying to find his missing flower arrangement.  I expressed my sympathies to him for calling From You Flowers and scolded him to never do such a foolish thing again.  I handed him my business card and told him how he could order flowers 24 hours a day from our website and it would cost him a lot less money to do it.  I wished him luck and asked him to not let this experience with a fake florist turn him against real florists.

No comments:

Post a Comment