Friday, December 17, 2010

Fruits of the season

We shipped another 12 fruit & snack baskets to Jackson this a.m. Later in the morning I made the trip to Beattyville & Booneville to deliver baskets. Today was the first time I have ever been to Booneville, KY! It's about the size of Ravenna with a little extra added on each end. It was really a beautiful drive from Ravenna to Beattyville because everything was covered in snow & ice (except the highway). On the tops of the mountain ridges, the ground was covered in snow, the trees were covered in ice, and they were all the same color as the sky.
I passed by Booneville Florist on my way. It is situated in front of a really nice new funeral home, in a nice little building of it's own, next to a cemetary. It is one stop shopping for the bereaved. It is a monopoly on the funeral business- Get your funeral, your flowers, your stone, and your spot in the ground all in one convenient stop! How could anyone compete with that??
I must express a huge thank you to Monty Gabbard, who puts our fruit & snack baskets together! He's the best!!
Time to walk my best friend, Bruce! I hope I don't fall on the ice! Til tomorrow, my friends!

1 comment: