Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hot Wednesday!!

We spent the day in a hot oven (that's what it felt like)- is this what hell feels like??

On a cooler note.....watermelons and apples and pumpkins were the popular items today! Fake ones, of course!

Part of our flowers for this weekend's wedding arrived today & we divvied them up according to what they would be used for- bride, bridesmaid, kissing ball, topiary, etc.
A facebook florist friend commented Monday that she cut 17 boxes of flowers for this weekend's weddings. SEVENTEEN!!!!!! A box might have 100 roses, or 125 pompons, or 250 carnations, for example. Another florist posted pictures of last weekend's weddings-all 8 of them! Their world is so different from mine! My biggest weekend was 2 weddings and 1 large funeral! I read tonight about one florist who has four wedding consultants on staff. In defense of my little world, I have to say that having that big a flower shop would mean I wouldn't get to personally do each wedding or birthday bouquet, or funeral arrangement myself and that would take away a lot of what I love most.
And did you know that July is now the biggest wedding month instead of June? August is also a big month and October weddings are increasing each year.

See ya l8r!

No comments:

Post a Comment